GIRLS ON THE RUN starts February 27, 2018 at the Chequamegon School District for girls grades 3-5. REGISTRATION is OPEN!
Our goal is to EMPOWER all girls to…
- have a strong sense of identity
- give and receive support from a group
- have a healthy body image
- stand up for themselves in a healthy manner
- understand their importance in the community
- complete a 5K run/walk event
Girls on the Run is a transformational physical activity based positive youth development program for girls in 3rd-8th grade. We teach life skills through dynamic interactive lessons and running games. The program culminates with the girls being physically and emotionally prepared to complete a celebratory 5k running event. The goal of the program is to unleash confidence through accomplishment while establishing a lifetime appreciation of health and fitness.