University of Wisconsin-Extension programs in agriculture and natural resources help farmers and other citizens whose livelihood and quality of life depend on the land. Backed by University of Wisconsin research, agriculture and natural resources agents help people balance farm profitability and production of high quality food with a continuing concern for the environment.
What are the goals of Price County UW-Extension programs for agriculture and natural resources?
- Agriculture and Natural Resource Extension programs are designed to achieve specific outcomes for farmers and the general public. Improve agricultural profitability and assure food quality.
- Enhance stewardship of the environment.
- Assist homeowners, gardeners, and others with horticultural information.
What do Agriculture and Natural Resources Extension programs do for farmers and other citizens?
- Create farmer and business networks to share information, ideas and technology.
- Improve agricultural practices to increase efficiency and competitiveness.
- Manage and protect soil and water resources.
- Help farmers adopt important farm safety techniques.
- Help local officials and the general public understand how changing development pressure may affect
For more information on these or any other programs, contact the Price County Extension Office at 339-2555.
University of Wisconsin-Extension programs in Agriculture and Natural Resources help urban and rural people use research and knowledge to solve problems and take advantage of new opportunities. Agriculture and Natural Resources educators balance farm profitability and production of high quality food, horticulture crops, fiber and plant material with protection of the natural environment.
Latest UW-Extension Dairy Team Headlines
News From Around the State
Wisconsin Crop Manager
The Soy Report
RELATED LINKS OF INTEREST
- UW – Extension Agriculture Program Teams – Teams of University of Wisconsin faculty and academic staff and representatives from farm organizations and agricultural industries develop, design and evaluate educational programs in agriculture and natural resources. With on-campus specialists providing research-based information and county agents linking the programs to local needs, these teams offer comprehensive educational programs in many relevanat areas.
- UW – Extension Agriculture & Natural Resources – Agriculture and Natural Resources Programs aim to make Wisconsin agriculture strong and competitive while conserving and protecting natural resources. Education about agriculture and natural resources protects our economy, our food supply, our natural environment and our future.