What is 4-H Youth Development?
University of Wisconsin-Extension programs in 4-H Youth Development give young people opportunities to learn new skills, gain self-confidence and contribute to their communities.
What are the goals of UW-Extension programs for young people?
- 4-H Youth Development programs are designed to achieve specific outcomes for youth. Develop capable and responsible young people.
- Create community partnerships with meaningful roles for young people.
- Prepare youth for work.
- Enable youth to deal with violence in their communities.
What does 4-H Youth Development do for kids? 4-H youth development programs teach young people to:
- Develop and test practical living skills in a safe and supportive “real world” environment.
- Become actively engaged in their communities and better informed about local issues.
- Prepare for the world of work through direct experience with projects and activities that correspond to future career opportunities.
- Experience success in a non-formal learning environment.
- Develop communication and problem-solving skills through public presentation and group work.
What is the 4-H pledge? I Pledge
- My HEAD to clearer thinking
- My HEART to greater loyalty
- My HANDS to larger service, and
- My HEALTH to better living, for my Club, my Community, my Country, and my World.
Become our fan on Facebook!
Contact Dani Miller for more information on 4-H in your area. Email: email@example.com